Posted under Spiritual Direction
List Price: $16.00
Sale Price: $3.12 (as of 18/02/2018 22:12 PST - Details )
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
An ECPA 2003 Gold Medallion Finalist! We need companions on our spiritual journey. The modern world has taught us to value autonomy and individualism. Our churches often see spirituality as personal and private. But we cannot go long in our Christian pilgrimage before realizing that isolation leads to spiritual barrenness. We soon discover that our souls long for accompaniment, intimacy and spiritual friendship. As a result, many Christians today are rediscovering the ancient practice of spiritual direction. In this inviting guide, David G. Benner introduces readers to the riches of spiritual friendship and direction, explaining what they are and how they are practiced. Spiritual direction moves beyond mere moral lifestyle accountability and goes deeper than popular notions of mentoring or discipling. Through prayerful, guided attunement to God's activity, sacred companions provide care for the soul. If we are to experience significant spiritual formation and growth, our souls must be nurtured through spiritual companions. Benner, well-accustomed to God's work through relationships, models the kind of traveling companion who can move us toward deeper intimacy with God.
Published on February 2018 Read more...
- Handbook for Spiritual Directees: A Book of Spiritual Exercises
- Spiritual Formation: Following the Movements of the Spirit
- Navigating the Interior Life: Spiritual Direction and the Journey to God
- Spiritual Director, Spiritual Companion: Guide to Tending the Soul
- The Practice of Spiritual Direction
- Spiritual Direction and Meditation
- Holy Listening: The Art of Spiritual Direction
Copyright © LearnSpiritual.com - Spiritual Direction - All rights reserved.